Travel Support (Ribble)
REQUEST FOR TRAVEL SUPPORT FROM G. FLORA RIBBLE ENRICHMENT FUNDS
Funding of graduate students presenting research at a scientific conference.
- Present (poster or talk) at the meeting or attend a summer workshop
- Apply for Graduate School funds through online Student Travel Funding Application Link *PLEASE REVIEW THE ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION ON GRADUATE SCHOOL WEBSITE*
- Attach a detailed budget (include all expenses related to the meeting/workshop)
- Submit this application, with your along with your detailed budget to Jacqueline Burke in the Graduate Program Office in Room 101C T. H. Morgan Bldg.
PRESENTATION OF A POSTER OR TALK IS REQUIRED FOR ALL STUDENTS EXCEPT FIRST YEAR STUDENTS.
Students must submit this form to Graduate Program Office in Room 101C T. H. Morgan Bldg. along with:
- A detailed budget
- Information on the meeting, ex. copy of registration form / letter of invitation.
Biology Graduate Student Travel Process
Prior to making any travel arrangements (conference registration, flight, hotel reservations) students should complete the steps below.
- Student completes online form for Graduate School Student Travel Funding.
- Student submits Ribble Travel Request Form to DGS, Dr. Westneat, for approval.
- Student submits travel form on A&S Business Center website (a triage ticket is created - please request them to tag Jacqueline Burke on the ticket). *indicate on form under "additional travel information" that you have applied for Ribble Travel Support and/or Graduate School Travel Support. Also indicate if your PI is providing any Travel Support. *
Student will be responsible for maintaining correct documentation to receive reimbursement at the return of travel.
Be sure to keep receipts for your expenses. Receipts must be originals. Food receipts must be itemized; no alcohol will be reimbursed. Receipts for airfare, registration and hotel must show the payment method (e.i. that your card has been charged). You may be reimbursed for public transportation (to/from hotel, airport, conference site), taxis, parking, baggage fees, etc.
***all receipts must be itemized, shows method of payment (zero balance), and amount***
- Meals: Students must retain original itemized receipts (showing food & drink-no alcohol or miscellaneous items showing on receipts).
- Registration Fee Only - Return receipt showing total amount, method of payment and zero balance.
- Lodging: Return with a receipt showing a zero balance and method of payment. ONLY room and tax. Shared lodging will be reimbursed at a pro-rated share of the room charge. Notify the hotel at check-in that each will require a receipt with the individual’s name on it.
- Incidentals: Save itemized receipts (taxi, parking, etc.)
- Rental Car: Return receipt with total and method of payment (additional insurance is not covered). Save itemized gas receipts.
- Personal Car: Save gasoline receipts.
- As soon as you return from travel please update the Travel Ticket you created. Promptly submit any receipt for which you are seeking reimbursement to A&S Business Center 361 Jacobs Science Bldg. For your convenience, please use this Travel Reimbursement Form to attach to your receipt submission. Travel Return Forms must be submitted within 30 days from the return date of travel to allow for proper processing.