Gertrude Flora Ribble Scholarship
The Biology Department recognizes exceptional research activity with $2,000/year Gertrude Flora Ribble Research Scholarships awarded to Biology majors on the basis of academic and research potential. Ribble Scholars must spend at least one year in a Biology department faculty member’s laboratory engaged in independent research. Click here for Application.
The Ribble Research Scholarship, administered by the Biology Department, will support up to 4 - 6 students each academic year with awards of $2,000 each. Applicants must be Kentucky residents entering their junior or senior year of study as Biology majors at UK (at least 60 credits earned toward the degree).
Applications should be submitted by the October 15th for Fall/Spring support and by March 15th for Spring/Fall support.
Criteria for this award are:
- Kentucky residency (required by Mrs. Ribble’s bequest)**
- Biology major, junior or senior status when research project begins
- Faculty mentor in the Biology department
- Excellent achievement and promise in biology
- Potential for a productive research experience as exemplified by the research plan
- Need for scholarship to enhance education
Application Deadline: Fall Semester: October 15; Spring Semester: March 15
Completed proposals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.