UK Undergraduates Awarded at Kentucky Academy of Science Annual Meeting
By Amanda Fuller
The Kentucky Academy of Science (KAS) held its 2016 Annual Meeting Nov. 4‐5, at the University of Louisville. More than 700 scientists and students attended the meeting, and hundreds of undergraduate and graduate students from Kentucky and regional colleges and universities participated in the research competitions.
Winners of the student competitions from the University of Kentucky included:
- Eashwar Somasundaram, second place: Undergraduate Research Poster Presentation — Cellular and Molecular Biology;
- Eura Shin, first place: Undergraduate Research Poster Presentation — Computer and Information Sciences;
- Bailey Phan, first place: Undergraduate Research Oral Presentation — Computer and Information Sciences;
- LaShay Byrd, third place: Undergraduate Research Oral Presentation — Health Sciences; and
- Tori Hickey, third place: Undergraduate Research Oral Presentation — Science Education.
Winners in all categories are available here, along with photos from the awards reception on Saturday: http://kyacademyofscience.net/programs/annual-meeting/2016-student-research-competitions/
KAS is a nonprofit organization, founded in 1914, whose mission is to foster scientific discovery and understanding in Kentucky. The University of Kentucky is an enhanced affiliate of KAS, and UK faculty, staff and students may become members of KAS at no cost to them, at www.kyscience.org.
For more information, contact Amanda Fuller, Kentucky Academy of Science, at 859‐227‐2837 or email@example.com.
UK is the University for Kentucky. At UK, we are educating more students, treating more patients with complex illnesses and conducting more research and service than at any time in our 150-year history. To read more about the UK story and how you can support continued investment in your university and the Commonwealth, go to: uky.edu/uk4ky. #uk4ky #seeblue